Monday, April 13, 2009

Modern Christian Music?

I have listened to my fair share of christian music both old and new, hyms and contemporary. I don't mind both but I have to draw a line.
I gew up listening to hymns being played by my grandma on her tiny cassette player. Every morning my ears were being filled with hymns like, Onward Christian Soldier, Amazing Grace, Old Rugged Cross, O hail King Jesus, Wonderful Cross, Nothing but the Blood etc... (I know you get the point). And not to mention the Hymn books used during Sunday Service back then. Oh boy, does bring back a lot of memories...
Anyway, straight to the point, christian songs nowadays are lacking in substantial theology that I believe each born-again christian believer must digest accordingly. Substantial Theology is important for every christian believer not to be deceived and for every christian not to be overrun with and by emotions. If one is to juxtapose a CCM and a Hymn, without the music/melody but only the lyrics, one can actually distinguish the superficial one from the one which has depth. To help me bring my case further, please watch the video below... (p.s. I may have different theologies with these guys, but I do agree with them on this one)

No comments: