Sunday, March 29, 2009

How...

It was in elementary when I had my first take on politics by campaigning for my depunto brother Bong Suson. I officially took interest in politics when I ran for class president during my high school days. I even ran for the student body council. And the last time I spoke with my cousin Abner Rodriguez, he mentioned of running for local political office in our hometown. My other cousin Christopher Bonoan also has some vested interest in politics. A few of my close relatives are either in politics, military, navy, army, and offices that are one way or the other connected to the government of the Philippines. I even had opportunities before I left for Canada to have lunches and dinners with political personnel and to converse with them. Ok, so at least we know that I have a slight knowledge about politics.

Politicians first and foremost and elected in a democratic country to serve the people. Politicians are servants. Whatever office one politician may hold, at the end of the day they must willfully and wholeheartedly serve the people. Their own interest must be rescinded by the interest of the nation and the people. If that is not the case, the people will lose hope, the nation's moral will plunge, political unrest follows and corruption then seeps in and just before one can say "Enough is enough", my country the Philippines has been "promoted" to the number one spot as the most corrupt nation in Asia. I want the Philippines to stand back on her feet again. I want her to be the Prowling Tiger of Asia again. I want her to be the Awakened Giant of Asia again. I want the Philippines to rise up and to live her God-given beauty out in the open. I want to go back home not for vacation but for good because Philippines is already a major economic voice of the world. I want that to happen but how? But how, how can that happen? And I think I have an answer...
... till next time.

4 comments:

C.D. Bonoan said...

Vested interest???

JIGS II said...

understatement bro...

C.D. Bonoan said...

Its "vested interest in public service" cuz...to me the term "politics" is politically incorrect! hehe

JIGS II said...

ic ic ok... do you want me to rephrase it ? hehehehe