Friday, August 27, 2010

Total Depravity of Man

    I once had a job interview with one of the big corporations here in Vancouver. They gave me a sheet with about 20 behavioural questions and left me alone to answer the questions. Out of all the questions on that sheet, there was this one question that I really had a hard time answering. The question was "Do you believe that men is naturally good?" This was a basic yes or no question but I just could not get myself to write down my answer. Maybe it was because the struggle between my secular perspective and my spiritual vantage point was intense, that I was able to draw near to the real answer. But now I have come to a conclusion. Let me just point something out. A secular answer to this question would be relative to many criterias. It can either be yes if say the one who answers get mostly good things out of people or a no say when a person is in the bad parts of the world. But a spiritual answer to this question is absolute. Meaning it will still be the same no matter where one is located or what ever one's circumstances and opinions are. And this is where I stand. I believe that MAN IS NATURALLY...


Post Script:
Thanks to Karen Santiago of KKB Cam for taking the video...
Pastor Emil and the KKB leadership for the hospitality...
Sam and Jovee Binalla for making this opportunity...

No comments: