Monday, July 19, 2010

Patriotism... A different vantage point...



    It was I guess circa 93-94 when I first heard this song. I thought it was a love song for another person. Little did I know that it was something more. Since, I am planning on educating our young Filipinoes here in Vancouver, BC about Philippine History by posting an article or articles about our Philippine National Heroes: Heroes who laid down their lives so that the generation after may enjoy the peace and democracy that they are experiencing now, I searched the web and stumbled upon this song. Flashbacks and memories came rushing in. I googled the lyrics and I was shocked to realized that this song is not about a puppy love for someone but it's a about a young person's patriotic love for her country, The glorious Philippines. Two things. 1. I wish I paid more attention back then as I did now. I could have done something more for my country 2. Well, it's better late that never. So, in my excitement, I decided that I will start with this.

Sabi Nila
by Agaw Agimat


Sabihin man nilang ako ay bata pa
'Di ko pa raw alam kung paanong umibig sa kanya
Sa karanasan daw ako ay hilaw pa
"Mag-aral ka pa," iyan ang sabi nila


Maaring sa isang punto, sila ay tama
Maaring sa karanasan, ako ay hilaw pa nga
Dahil 'di ko pa naranasan buhay ko'y itaya
'Di ko pa naranasang sumagupa sa tingga

Maaring kulang din ang aking pagkaunawa
Sa mga suliranin ng ating bansa
Maaring kulang din ang aking kaalaman
Sa iba't ibang daing ng ating sambayanan

Ngunit dahil ba kulang pa'ng aking karanasan
At marami pa 'kong dapat pag-aralan
Ang pag-ibig ba nila'y 'di ko kayang pantayan
Para sa 'kin ito'y isang maling kaisipan

Ang pag-ibig sa bayang kinagisnan
Ay sa puso at hindi sa isip lang
Ito'y nararamdaman at hindi napag-aaralan
Ito'y walang kinikilalang edad kailanman

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It's always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained!

- Josh

JIGS II said...

Hey Josh thanks for taking the time to read my articles. It is good to know that these articles not only give helpful information but is also entertaining.